Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Generation of Feminists


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5heUgjHB3X0

There is no embedding available, but this is the URL for Part 3 of 5 of a YouTube video of Gloria Steinem when she spoke at a Lecture series in 2007.

There are 5 parts, and several of my friends asked questions. I can't remember if I ever got questions out of my mouth or just sat there alternately crying and in stunned silence.

The little girl is my daughter, who was allowed to play hooky from first grade that afternoon. After all, Ms. Steinem is 73, and by the time my child is a grown woman, the opportunity to hear her speak may be long gone. There is much life learning to be had outside of school, too.

Although this post is more personal than informational, I share it with you, readers, to encourage you to encourage all the woman in your lives to use their voices. "Use your words" may take them places we could never expect.

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is Great! Your DD was soo adorable!-Great she got to sit in the seat just -Ask you might get what you want -Awesome!
I ♥ Gloria Steinem !