Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Halloween Kids Craft Ideas: Craft Stick and Craft Spoon Mummies

Family Fun has a really easy idea for a Halloween craft that is super-adaptable to the materials you have available. I think it would be appropriate for elementary students, or even for some light-hearted college kids.

I do not have craft spoons on hand, but I think that if children are just told to wrap more fabric around the head, they will. I also do not have googly eyes, but that is nothing a sharpie or a dab of fabric glue can't fix.

I also have no muslin on hand, but I do have old white t-shirts and a torn-up pillow case that should provide plenty of fabric.

A ghastly green fabric would be well-suited to this craft, as well.

If your chosen fabric is not not frayed to your liking, put it in a lingerie bag and run it through a light cycle on your washing machine and then through the dryer.

These very well may end up in goodie bags for my daughter's class by the end of the month.

Hope they bring fun to your family!

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11863&CMP=NL_Wkdr

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My son and I have just started exploring crafts and I am excited. I have a hard time prioritizing activities like this into our days we spend at home. This sounds like a very fun idea. I know we we'll both have a good time if we can just get started.